phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Fonts can now be shipped with Phatch

Hi,

If it is desired for a certain action list, it is possible to include
> a font with Phatch if its license is compatible with the GPL of
> course. For example for the polaroid, I wanted a font which felt more
> closer to handwriting. As we can't guarantee that this font is
> available everywhere where Phatch is installed, it is better to ship
> it. You can see it in action with the new polaroid effect. I did this
> because the action lists in the libraries should be fine tuned as far
> as possible. So if you have suggestions how to improve the action
> lists please let me know

I like the font you are using in the polaroid actionlist. It makes a huge
difference.

> .
> Another idea is that every shipped action list in the library
> corresponds with a Phatch tutorial where all the steps are explained
> in detail. This is already done for rounded corners and perspective.
> It is more easy to explain on a web page than in text description
> field. The description should be short, to the point and accurate. I'm
> thinking of a system of linking action lists with these tutorials.

I agree, in order for the web tutorial to useful. It should be accessible
from the actionlist. Many users my attempt to use those actionlists without
any previous experience. And may find them difficult to understand. It won't
probably occur to them that a web tutorial exists.

One more thing, it will be nice to have some sort of tooltip description of
action fields. For example in the 'Fit' action there is a field called
'bleed'. I didn't understand what it does, even when I played with it a
little. I had to look at the PIL documentation to understand.

Best Regards,
Nadia