phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Switching to python 2.5 with pyexiv-0.1.2 for Windows (py2exe)

Hi All,

As some of you might know we are working on Phatch versions for
Windows (py2exe) and Mac OS X (py2app). This is the main focus for
0.2.8:
https://launchpad.net/phatch/+milestone/0.2.8

After some investigation with the excellent help of Robin and Nadia,
we discovered that pyexiv2 is the bottle neck for the py2exe version
of Phatch for Windows. I decided that we should use the py25 bindings
as there are no problems there for Windows 2000 and XP. To ensure that
we have all the same environment, I have updated the dependencies zip
file. They can be obtained from here:

http://photobatch.wikidot.com/install#toc8
http://photobatch.stani.be/download/package/phatch-dependencies-win32-py25.zip

Robin or another volunteer, can you check if this works on Windows 7
32bit? (I think the included pyexiv2 version comes from
http://www.clanmills.com/articles/gpsexiftags/pyexiv2.zip)

For windows it is not very important for end users whether we use py25
or py26. Much more important is that:
- a working version of pyexiv2
- pil 1.1.7 instead of pil 1.1.6

Right now py2exe support landed in trunk, so creating an executable is
as easy as:
python setup.py install py2exe

We still need to sort out how to handle the required DLLs in the best way.

I have also done quite some bug fixing and polishing for Phatch on the Mac.

So for the Windows and Mac version we are on the right track, but it
would be nice if people on this list who use Windows or Mac would join
or at just help testing.

Best regards,

Stani

--