pkgme-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Almost ready for backends...

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:16:09 -0500, Michael Terry <michael.terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 20:34 -0500, James Westby wrote:
>
> > pkgme trunk is almost ready to make use of backends, and the interface
> > is there such that you could write to it now if you wanted.
>

> Is there any guidance about how to examine the directory?  Like, if a
> fictional scheme backend is looking for scheme files, how hard should it
> look?  In all toplevel subdirectories?  In a subdirectory called 'src'?
> Or shall it be up to the backend?

I think this should depend on the backend.

If the convention with scheme is for a src/ directory, then it should
look there.

If there are no conventions in the project type that the backend is for
then it will have a hard time providing the information anyway, but if
it can find it somehow then that's fine.

Thanks,

James