puredyne-team team mailing list archive

Re: grub pantsup after eee install, p:d dev iso

2009/12/7 Aymeric Mansoux <aymeric@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Dan S said :
>> Hi -
>>
>> I've tried quite a few times to install p:d from the dev usb iso to my
>> eee's hard disk, getting nowhere :(. I can make the installer go
>> happily, but the end result is a machine that boots to the grub
>> commandline and nothing else.
>>
>> There's a /boot/grub/grub.cfg file and no complaints from the
>> installer. Also no reported problems if I re-run "sudo grub-install
>> --root-directory=/media/sda1/boot/grub /dev/sda" manually, so I don't
>> know where to start to troubleshoot it. Any suggestions?
>
> I installed a few machines using the craftivism beta CD and I had not
> problems at all...

OK, just tried the craftivism (dvd/usb) iso and had the same results
(installable after patching ubiquity, but boots to grub prompt). then
tried the craftivism cd iso and had the same results too.

> Could it be related to your ubiquity issue?

Well I suspect not (the patch with which I fix ubiquity seems to be
easy clean and successful), but if it's just me then I can't be sure.

If anyone has positive results installing on an Eee 701 (you'll
probably need the patch too *) that'd help me eliminate that aspect
from my enquiries.

Dan

* Comment 2 in <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/462462>,
applied to /usr/share/ubiquity/install.py