puredyne-team team mailing list archive

Re: grub pantsup after eee install, p:d dev iso

Dan S said :
> 2009/12/7 Aymeric Mansoux <aymeric@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Dan S said :
> >> Hi -
> >>
> >> I've tried quite a few times to install p:d from the dev usb iso to my
> >> eee's hard disk, getting nowhere :(. I can make the installer go
> >> happily, but the end result is a machine that boots to the grub
> >> commandline and nothing else.
> >>
> >> There's a /boot/grub/grub.cfg file and no complaints from the
> >> installer. Also no reported problems if I re-run "sudo grub-install
> >> --root-directory=/media/sda1/boot/grub /dev/sda" manually, so I don't
> >> know where to start to troubleshoot it. Any suggestions?
> >
> > I installed a few machines using the craftivism beta CD and I had not
> > problems at all...
>
> OK, just tried the craftivism (dvd/usb) iso and had the same results
> (installable after patching ubiquity, but boots to grub prompt). then
> tried the craftivism cd iso and had the same results too.

Ok.
If I'm correct ubiquity install grub2 by default?
could you look at what kind of config files it generates?

because...
booting to grub's prompt usually means there are no grub config files
found...

And that could be a ubiquity bug as well, ubiquity being the app
delivering a grub install + config based on your install
requiremements... The grub config that we ship is just for reference and
manual installs.

a.