pyexiv2-developers team mailing list archive

Pickling and multiprocessing

Hi all,

I got this error when I tried to pickle a class that included the pyexiv2
metadata:

RuntimeError: Pickling of "libexiv2python._Image" instances is not enabled (
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/v2/pickle.html)

Pickling is essential when passing data from one process to another in
python multiprocessing. The page linked above lists a few pitfalls, however.
I don't know if they are relevant to the project or not.

Olivier do you have any plans to implement pickling support?

Another question: is anyone aware of any reason why reading metadata from
different files via pyexiv2.metadata.ImageMetadata in multiple processes
simultaneously could case a problem? I don't know that there is a problem,
but it occurred to me that it might be important to ask in case there is.

Best,
Damon

--
http://www.damonlynch.net