pyneighborhood team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #142152]: Do not get any Groups or Computers in pyNeighborhood window.

Question #142152 on pyneighborhood changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pyneighborhood/+question/142152

neutron68 gave more information on the question:
I got the new version (0.5.3) into my system by trying the advice on
your page:

I added these lines to my /etc/apt/sources.list file:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/pyneighborhood/stable/ubuntu maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/pyneighborhood/stable/ubuntu maverick main

I updated the Synaptic Package manager.

I selected the update choice for pyNeighborhood.

I've now got 0.5.3 on my Mythbuntu 10.10 machine.  I started it and
right away it found all my shared computers.

Does it matter what Filemanager I have in the pyNeighborhood settings?
Right now I've got Thunar as the file manager ( /usr/bin/thunar ).

And.... I can SEE the files in the shares!  WOO HOO!

Eric

pyNeighborhood, which is an answer contact for pyneighborhood.