pynie-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Is Pynie Dead?

On 01/16/2012 06:23 PM, John Rizzo wrote:
> Hey guys I am interested in language development and I was looking at
> Parrot and Pynie.  Before I go too far down the rabbit hole I was
> wondering if this project is still active.  The last commit appears to
> be from Feb 2010.

It's in suspended animation. We put it on hold for some changes in the
Parrot tool chain. Look at Puffin (Google Summer of Code project) for
the most recent work on Python on Parrot:
https://bitbucket.org/lucian1900/puffin. The general idea of Puffin was
to try out a new approach, and then restart Pynie along those lines if
it worked out well.

If you're interested in contributing to Python on Parrot, I'd be happy
to help you get started. But, if you're looking for a model to use as a
base for implementing some other language, then I'll point you at other
projects depending on the kind of language you're interested in.

Allison