pyroom-team team mailing list archive

Re: 0.3 ready for release?

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 05:58:57PM +0200, Bruno Bord wrote:
> [translation deadline problems]
> Is it your idea, or do you have another one?...

Hm. Maybe it would be a good idea to leave out translations for 0.3
entirely and start over with translating etc in a later release. I'd
prefer no translations at all over broken translations the could mislead
users or just transport a bad image of PyRoom.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to call for a string freeze just now,
or before we release 0.3. While having 0.3 translated would surely rock,
I think we're in for some bigger changes after 0.3 (think plugin system,
back to fixing wishlist bugs adding new features, etc), that would
change a lot of things. Maybe after we can put our core into some kind
of almost-feature-freeze and let feature development happen in plugins,
we could also freeze strings from pyroom core to provide a stable
environment for translators. We don't want to piss those off by
rendering their work useless :)

See the other thread on the mailing list and the bug tracker for more
reasoning.
--
Florian 'tiax' Heinle