pytagsfs team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[ANNOUNCE] pytagsfs version 0.8.0rc1
I'm pleased to announce the release of pytagsfs version 0.8.0rc1, the first
release candidate for the 0.8.0 release. This version includes important
bugfixes and features. As it is a release candidate, user testing is
Major changes introduced by the 0.8.0 release:
* Multiple tag values are now supported. They appear under multiple virtual
* Files with tag values containing slashes are not represented. Previously,
they were included in the virtual tree but were not handled correctly.
* The pytags utility's command-line options have changed slightly. See the
full changelog for information.
* The substitution pattern "NUMBER" was renamed to "TRACKNUMBER".
* A standardized profiling and benchmarking tool was created.
*** Packagers take note: ***
While it isn't mentioned in the changelog, the programs madplay, ogg123, and
flac are now required for running the test suite.
The full set of changes for this release is available:
To download this release:
pytagsfs is a FUSE filesystem that arranges media files in a virtual directory
structure based on the file tags. For instance, a set of audio files could be
mapped to a new directory structure organizing them hierarchically by album,
genre, release date, etc. File tags can be changed by moving and renaming
virtual files and directories. The virtual files can also be modified directly,
and, of course, can be opened and played just like regular files.
For a more thorough introduction, see:
Please visit http://www.pytagsfs.org to obtain more information.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Feedback is appreciated.
Description: Digital signature