pytagsfs team mailing list archive

[ANNOUNCE] pytagsfs version 0.9.1

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of pytagsfs version 0.9.1.  This version
includes important bugfixes and features.  All users are encouraged to upgrade.

Major changes introduced by the 0.9.1 release:

 * Dropped pyinotify in favor of inotifyx, available from
   http://www.alittletooquiet.net/software/inotifyx/.  inotifyx is based on the
   python-inotify package, originally authored by Manuel Amador.  Thanks to
   Manuel for graciously allowing me to take over the code.  Please visit his
   site at http://rudd-o.com/.
 * Removed spurious log messages about late events from inotifyx source tree
   monitor.  IN_IGNORED messages are always "late".
 * Support for format string short key "%c" as an alias for "%{composer}".
   Patch by Michael Helmling.
 * Fixed usage of deprecated os.popen2 in ``tests.blackbox`` that actually
   caused deadlocks during testing on some systems.

Note that a new version if inotifyx was also released today (version 0.1.1).

Users and packagers that are unable to install inotifyx for whatever reason can
use pytagsfs revision 522 from the dev bzr repository [2].  This revision is
compatible with pyinotify 0.8.6.  See also the pytagsfs development page [3].

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/pytagsfs/+bug/364586
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~forest-bond/pytagsfs/dev
[3] http://www.pytagsfs.org/Development

The full set of changes for this release is available:
http://www.pytagsfs.org/Changelogs/0.9.1

To download this release:
http://www.pytagsfs.org/Download

pytagsfs is a FUSE filesystem that arranges media files in a virtual directory
structure based on the file tags. For instance, a set of audio files could be
mapped to a new directory structure organizing them hierarchically by album,
genre, release date, etc. File tags can be changed by moving and renaming
virtual files and directories. The virtual files can also be modified directly,
and, of course, can be opened and played just like regular files.

For a more thorough introduction, see:
http://www.pytagsfs.org/Introduction

Please visit http://www.pytagsfs.org to obtain more information.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.  Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Forest
--
Forest Bond