pytagsfs team mailing list archive

[ANNOUNCE] pytagsfs version 0.9.1rc1

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of pytagsfs version 0.9.1rc1, the first
release candidate for the 0.9.1 release.  This release is being made in response
to bug #364586 [1], which was introduced by the release of pyinotify 0.8.6.
This version of pyinotify is backwards incompatible.

I've made the decision to drop pyinotify, in part due to its history of
backwards incompatible changes.  To replace it, I've resurrected the
python-inotify package, originally authored by Manuel Amador
<rudd-o@xxxxxxxxxx>.  It has been renamed to inotifyx, and is available here:

  http://www.alittletooquiet.net/software/inotifyx/

I'd like to thank Manuel for letting me take over his code.

I am very interested in hearing about any issues that may have been caused by
the change.  Please test this version if you can and report success or failure
to the mailing list.

Users and packagers that are unable to install inotifyx for whatever reason can
use pytagsfs revision 522 from the dev bzr repository [2].  This revision is
compatible with pyinotify 0.8.6.  See also the pytagsfs development page [3].

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/pytagsfs/+bug/364586
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~forest-bond/pytagsfs/dev
[3] http://www.pytagsfs.org/Development

The full set of changes for this release is available:
http://www.pytagsfs.org/Changelogs/0.9.1rc1

To download this release:
http://www.pytagsfs.org/Download

pytagsfs is a FUSE filesystem that arranges media files in a virtual directory
structure based on the file tags. For instance, a set of audio files could be
mapped to a new directory structure organizing them hierarchically by album,
genre, release date, etc. File tags can be changed by moving and renaming
virtual files and directories. The virtual files can also be modified directly,
and, of course, can be opened and played just like regular files.

For a more thorough introduction, see:
http://www.pytagsfs.org/Introduction

Please visit http://www.pytagsfs.org to obtain more information.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.  Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Forest
--
Forest Bond