python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

ndarray member functions

I have finished implementing most ndarray member functions and related basic
unit tests. I have created a new branch at
https://code.launchpad.net/~jsalvatier/python-quantities/quantities-memberfuncs

There are some exceptions:

   - all(), any(), conj(), conjugate() and choose() are unimplemented
   because I don't think their functionality would be meaningful with
   Quantities.
   - resize(), swapaxis() are not implemented because I am not familiar with
   how these function, and I suspect it is important. I will probably return to
   these at some point.
   - some of the Array conversion functions are unimplemented: item,
   itemset, tofile, dump, astype, byteswap
      - Some discussion is in order for determining the file formatting, I
      know nothing about it
      - I think the others just require some careful thought and
      implementation

Unless I have missed something, everything else has been implemented and has
an associated (simple) unit test.

Best Regards,
John

Follow ups