python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

quantities-0.5b5 posted at PyPI

There was some discussion at numpy-discussion of what needs to be done
before numpy-1.4 is released. I took the opportunity to request an ndarray
method that could be called by ufuncs on the way in in order to better
support subclassing and to make ufuncs more generally useful to subclasses.
I also posted a new beta (0.5b5) at the python package index which addresses
a couple bugs identified by Tony Yu (welcome Tony!) and a few other
less-critical items.

I'll have a bit of free time to pick up development again in the nights and
weekends over the summer, and am looking forward to continuing work on unit
tests and documentation. Hopefully the proposed ufunc mechanism will gain
support and be implemented in the near future, which should allow
development of a MaskedQuantity, allow things like m+mm, and allow
dimensional analysis to be performed before modifying array data. If you
have questions or comments about this feature for the numpy mailing list,
please speak up, I would prefer to make the most of this opportunity to
improve numpy.

Cheers,
Darren

Follow ups