python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #92120]: backport to python 2.4 ?

Question #92120 on python-quantities changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/python-quantities/+question/92120

Darren Dale proposed the following answer:
I'm sorry, but a backport is not planned. The issues I am aware of are
the imports of absolute_import and with_statement from __future__. The
former is used to provide forward compatibility with >=python-2.7 and
also to allow quantities to be included as a subpackage in another
project, the with statement is hardly used. It would probably not be too
much work to go through the codebase and convert the imports so
quantities could be used with python-2.4, but the changes would not be
incorporated into the trunk.

Python Quantities Development Team, which is an answer contact for
python-quantities.