Re: Ebuild for trunk

Hello,

On 12.05.2012 11:47, Andi Șerbănescu wrote:
> On 11 May 2012 20:59, Adam Reichold <adamreichold@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote: Hello,
>
> I am sorry, I probably expressed myself unclear: I don't mean that
> an icon theme should be a hard dependency as you can run the
> program without one. The effect is just that you wont get the full
> functionality/flexibility.
>
> I definitely understand your reluctance in that point. (Fight the
> bloat! ;-)). On Arch, you can add "optional dependencies" together
> with a comment on which functionality they enable. I'd assume
> there exists something like that for Gentoo?
>

>> Yes, they're called use flags. I'll add them soon, for both cups
>> and the icons.
>
> Concerning configuration without CUPS: I suppose the easiest way to
> it automatically in the ebuild would be to run "sed" on the
> "qpdfview.pri" file, replacing the line "CONFIG += print_to_cups"
> by "# CONFIG += print_to_cups" or just removing it...
>

>> So I understand there's no equivalent of a configure script
>> (sorry for the noob question, but what does qmake do?). If there
>> is such a thing, portage ought to have an interface for it, so we
>> don't have to resort to low-level solutions.

I am not an expert on qmake myself but AFAIK qmake _is_ the configure
script, you build by running "qmake" which creates "Makefile" and then
"make" to actually compile and link the program. And you can pass
configuration parameters to qmake, i.e. you can run "qmake "CONFIG +=
print_to_cups" qpdfview.pro" to process "qpdfview.pro" into "Makefile"
but setting the configuration option "print_to_cups" beforehand.

The problem is that you can only reliably add configuration options.
Even though you could run "qmake "CONFIG -= print_to_cups"
qpdfview.pro" it won't work as it is overwritten by the statement in
"qpdfview.pri". (The "-after" option of "qmake" does not change this
either.)

So the easiest solution would probably be that I replace the
configuration option "print_to_cups" by "print_without_cups" (then
disabled by default) so that one can run "qmake "CONFIG +=
print_without_cups" qpdfview.pro" to disable the CUPS support. Will
commit that in a minute...

Regards, Adam.

P.S.: Could you try to send these messages to the mailing list? Thanks.