[Question #199478]: Basic features (apart from interface, but basic features) for next release? (I am using 0.3beta1)

New question #199478 on qpdfview:

Hello,

In my previous question, I asked about interface features that are missing. Now, I would like to ask about basic features (compared to most PDF Viewers) that are not present in qpdfview and perhaps are expected for next release.

(1) Currently, there is no way to select text, let alone other basic features like copy images (selection), etc, that are present in PDF Viewers. I think a basic, yet excellent viewer to compare would be SumatraPDF (it exists in Windows, but runs fine using wine in Linux), because Sumatra aims to be a viewer with basic features (taking aside the other goal of Sumatra to support several formats, which I don't think should be an inmediate goal for qpdfview).

Note: Currently (0.3 beta1), once I open a document, the mouse is by default in "hand" mode to seemingly add bookmarks (I say "seemingly", because I create a new entry, but there is not a way to see the entries I have created!!!, so it is useless right now), and there is no way to switch to "text selection" mode.

(2) Integration with LaTeX editors (forward and inverse search).

Is one of them (at least (1), which is definitely basic) planned for next release?

Thanks for your attention!

PS: I forgot something about the interface. I think it does not make sense to dock  "meta information" to the file view (why I would like to see constantly file properties all the time while viewing a document to see it docked? ). Like evince and practically every pdf viewer (with the sole exception of epdfview), in the "File" menu there is a choice to see "Document Properties" and when you select it, it pops a small window with the meta information that you can close.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.