Re: [Question #199474]: Features to save vertical space (tab management and shortcuts)

Pascual Lucero is still having a problem:

Hello,

Thanks for the answers.

With respect to (1), I don't know if you can choose between "allowing
multiple instances" and "opening new file in a new time"; it would be
more consistent. For example, if qpdfview is my default PDF viewer, in
the file manager I double click and the file is opened. So, if I choose
some sort of "allowing multiple instances" option, I know there are no
tabs and each file opens individually. If  the "allowing multiple
instances" is not enabled, I know beforehand that the file would open in
a new tab if there are more files opened. Right know, if you want, for
example to use tabs all the time, you can only open from the file menu
in the program; otherwise it would create a new instance of the program.
And certainly, open from the file manager once you see the files is
easier than open them with the file menu.

With respect to (2) and (3), thanks!!!! That is really important

With respect to (4), it would be nice still if the properties option is
located in the "File" menu, easier to access, like most programs. Right
now, it looks too cumbersome that in order to see the metadata, you have
go to to "View -> Dock (which is in the inferior part of that menu) ->
Meta-information", for something you should be able to see right away.

With respect to the way I run the program, I installed it from the
Ubuntu PPA:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:adamreichold/qpdfview-dailydeb
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qpdfview

But currently, the available version in that PPA is 0.3beta1. I don't
know how to install the latest version, in case this is not the latest.
Any help here is appreciated.

Best regards,

Pascual

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.