Re: [Question #199474]: Features to save vertical space (tab management and shortcuts)

Pascual Lucero is still having a problem:

Hello!

Thanks for you answer, I still think the --unique option is something
that could as a choice in the settings; or at least, it is easier to
configure for most users (in my case, I have no problems editing
qpdfview.desktop, as I got used to do this in other programs). However,
these are some options that you shouldn't be forced to read the help
just to realize they exist :)

On the other hand, in todays update in the PPA, the interface elements
we have discussed here on tabs and shortcuts are added and I can see
them in the program. Now I can say officially that this is my default
PDF viewer, it has everything an more that epdfview has, with better
design and rendering. An it looks better than evince already. I hope we
can see this viewer in the main repository of Ubuntu and other linux
distros in the near future (and of course, it looks like there could be
a Windows version in the future)  :) :)

On the other hand, these are some new observations about the program:

- I really like how you can see, for example, the outline bar and the
thumbnails bar at the same time, looks beautiful and the "North, West,
etc" to see the where the tab bar is going to be located is fantastic.

- BUT: I think that you shouldn't need to double click in a thumbnail
(in the thumbnals bar) to see the new page; usually pdf programs like
adobe only requires to click once, it looks faster to change pages that
way. In my case, I thought it was not working because I am used (like
most users) to click just once and it was not changing the page, until I
realize I needed to double-click.

- I don't know if this is the expected behavior, but, lets suppose you open a file and see the thumbnails bar and you close the program. Of course, the setting of viewing the thumbnails bar is remembered for the next opened files, which is perfect. But if you open the program, without opening any files yet, there should not be "thumbnails bar" as it currently happens; it should only appear when there are opened files.

- I think currently in the toolbars, the items in categories "File, View, Edit" are not quite correct yet. I conjecture that you are going to add more options to those menus, so you keep the three categories, knowing that there are more options coming.  Because changing page, for example, doesn't look like something that belongs to a "Edit" category.

- I have observed that the program always loads very fast, but on the
other hand, it consumes more RAM than Evince, for example. Is this due
to the use of qt4 libraries? Or there are still some things that can be
optimized in this aspect independent of the use of qt?

Thanks, thanks a lot!

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.