Re: Fwd: Re: Various issues

Hello,

> I intend to release version 0.3 tomorrow.

I'll hurry up and finish the translation then (yes, I know I've been
promising that for some time, but I've been lazy lately).

> Did changing the prefetch behaviour help with the refresh crashes?

No.

> Did you find out what the problem with the icons is?

Neither.

> (If you want, I could send you a minimal test program that tries to
> load some icons in the way qpdfview does and produces some debugging
> output about it?)

Don't bother right now. There are other things that should be taken care
of first.

> You could also try building the branch
> "lp:~adamreichold/qpdfview/future" and test whether it shows the
> refresh bug as well.

I did build it and, thank goodness, gone is the refresh bug and the
‘one-pixel-too-wide’ issue seems to be gone too.

> (It also contains a decoration-less page display and
> binary "continuous" and "two pages" controls and improved memory
> usage. But lacks a lot of polish...)

Yes, I could see that. Let's just hope the polish won't bring back any
bugs :)

I could already suggest a list of things to do:

1. Skipping pages always alternates between showing the last 1 or 2
pixels of the previous page in continuous mode. Maybe you could look
into this.

2. Disabling page decorations should also disable the outer borders.

3. Pan with mouse 1 (left), select with mouse 2 (middle).

4. Make selection work across pages.

Regards,
Andi