Re: July 15: About history of recently opened files (testing)

Hello,

On 15.07.2012 22:37, Sandor Ortegon wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have been testing the option to activate and see the last ten
> opened files and everything work fine, except for a few things that
> can be improved.
>

> 1) When I see a history of recently opened files, a common feature
> in programs (including PDF viewers) is the following. If I click in
> a file that doesn't exist anymore (for example, it was moved to
> another folder, or came from a temporary internet download), then
> the file disappear from the list. This doesn't happen yet in this
> feature; currently it appears a notification saying the file
> doesn't exist, but the reference is still in the list of recently
> opened files.

I am a bit uneasy about this as files could just be temporarily
inaccessible. For example if they are located on an external drive that
just isn't mounted. But since the recently used list isn't created
explicitly I activated it there, i.e. you get the warning message and
the entry is removed from the list. (But I did not activate this for the
bookmarks which can be manually removed.)

> 2) I cannot erase a file from the list if I want to (perhaps by
> right clicking -left clicking to open and right click to choose the
> option to remove from history), let alone to clear the history. The
> only way to clear history is to return to settings, deactivate the
> feature, restart the program and activate the feature again.

Yes, I assumed that was enough. But since I also see no harm in doing
so, I added a "Clear list" action to the recently used menu. (Removing
individual entries is not really a priority since the list is supposed
to be "automatic".)

Best regards, Adam.