Re: [Question #211136]: Markup (Highlighting) in foreseeable future?

Christian Gebbe gave more information on the question:
Hi Adam,

thank you for the long explanation! I am using qpdfview 0.3.5beta1, but
poppler has just the version 0.18.4-lubuntu2 (I believe. It's the
repository called "libpoppler-glib8", right?)

So now I'm trying to install the current stable version of poppler. This does not at all concern qpdfview, but I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here: Among the dependencies was fontconfig, which I downloaded as well. When trying to ./configure fontconfig, I get the following error:
"configure: error: Package requirements (libxml-2.0 >= 2.6) were not met: No package 'libxml-2.0' found"

Am I assuming right, that the error is  flawed? In my understanding my
current version is higher than the required one and the installer
somehow doesn't recognize it. I would follow the advise given
"Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBXML2_CFLAGS and
LIBXML2_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config." Since I'm new to
linux: Is my understanding correct?

P.s.: linux is the following:
-Version-
Kernel		: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic (i686)
Compiled		: #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 20:41:14 UTC 2012
Distribution		: Linux Mint 13 Maya
Desktop Environment		: XFCE 4

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.