Re: Support other file formats

Hello Adam,

Ok, it makes sense to create intermediate intefaces for links and
maybe annotations, but there is no reason to do it for form
fields, as no other format supports them.
While this is currently so, maybe we want to use a different
PDF-backend in the future or there is a new format that does this. As
I said, we have all the time in the world to do this right. If we
decide to do it, that is.

I don't think that it's right to put all format specific features to
core library. It looks like "early optimization" in code design.
You can spend a lot of time on the things that actually will never
be needed in the future.
I'd prefer to do first so that it just worked. And create common
interfaces only as you need them.
On the other hand it may be possible to create common ancestor
class for links, annotations and everything else and use it everywhere
instead of specific classes.

With "presentation-specific" code, I meant everything related to
handling displaying content and interacting with it, i.e. most of
DocumentView, PageItem and PresentationView.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Best regards, Alexander.