Re: [Question #219472]: Page preloading

Adam Reichold posted a new comment:
I can understand the sentiment, but then I did always consider
reimplementing rendering and link handling in the presentation view less
than optimal. The second question would be what alternative way to
implement prefetching and hence caching in the presentation view could
be chosen. I suspect that even adding prefetching of just the next page
will make a direct implementation in presentation view much more
complicated. (At least explicit doubling of scale factor,
transformation, render future watcher, image buffer.) Concerning the
runtime costs of reusing the page item in a graphics view, I'd say the
presentation view being as heavy as "just another tab" would be
something I can live with, especially since it would be much to add more
features. (E.g. rotation in the presentation view as in the linked
branch.)

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.