Re: [Question #231956]: Saving PDF file as plain text file or HTML file, the text selection tools

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Pavel,

As a first possibility: Did you try to use the utilities included with
Poppler, i.e. "pdftotext" and "pdftohtml"? Sometimes part of an extra
package "poppler-utils" depending on the distribution you use. But may
be they are easier to get working. But to be honest, if Poppler-based
viewers don't access textual content, then "pdftotext" etc. probably
won't either. Maybe what you need would be an OCR application or
service? Is it a scanned document?

Concerning text-selection in qpdfview, we currently waiting for tagged
PDF support to be integrated into Poppler before rethinking the text-
selection support, so that selection by rectangle using "Copy to
clipboard" is currently the only way. But we do plan to improve this and
progress on this is tracked in bug #958634 .

Best regards, Adam.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.