[Question #232820]: Some pdf's (esp. those containing large pictures) take long to load; how to expedite?

New question #232820 on qpdfview:

I don't think this is a "bug" per se, hence I'm posting this (for now) as a question:

1)
There are some pdf's (esp. those containing large pictures) that take long to load (qpdfview shoes the "clock").

2)
I'm on a dated, venerable machine (IBM Thinkpad X41, pimped afap: 1.5gb RAM, SSD).

3)
In qpdfview, I've got the standard/default settings set for

  a)
Cache size (32mb)

  d)
Prefetch (disabled)

For a given (untweaked) pdf-file, what would efficiently & effectively expedite pdf page loading in qpdfview?

For instance, I would doubt that "Prefetch" would help, if the first page contains a large image. Neither that increasing the "Cache size" would.

Hence, I think it comes down to hardware (or improved algorithms/software), but that at present there is nothing I can do about it, right?

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.