Re: [Question #234915]: Keep access to pdf's opened from Thunderbird/Firefox

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello pepa,

I am not sure that I can make a substantial suggestion here, but the
only thing that I can think of is to use the "Save as" instead of the
"Save copy" function which (at least in newer versions) should not only
save the file somewhere, but also open the created file afterwards. (The
difference between both functions in the current version is this and
that "Save copy" will not save any modifications made to the document,
e.g. added annotations, and that "Save as" will suggest the current file
path as the target path. (Also note that older version would trash a
file if it is overwritten by itself.))

Best regards, Adam.

P.S.: Another idea would be to configure Firefox not to delete files
that are opened by another process. (I am thinking "lsof" here.) But I
don't know how to achieve this.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.