Re: How to compile qpdfview on debian

Hello Arnaud,

Am 02.09.2013 23:33, schrieb Arnaud Schmittbuhl:
> Le Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:55:19 +0200, Adam Reichold
> <adamreichold@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> Hi all,
>
>> it seems that "-lcups" is missing from the linker command. I
>> really don't know why, but one could compare this to the result
>> of running "cups-config --libs" for more information.
>>
>> Another short-term solution for testing would be to build using
>> "qmake CONFIG+=without_cups qpdfview.pro" to disable CUPS
>> support.
>>
>> Best regards, Adam.
>>
>> P.S.: There is now also a branch "choose-instance" available for
>> the instance name chooser. Thanks for testing...
>
> 1/ I was unable to compile obsolete-pixmaps but choose-instance do
> compile smoothly!

Maybe you could try to fetch the obsolete-pixmaps branch again and
start from fresh. (Or try running "bzr clean-tree" in the directory.)

> 2/ It seems to be working correctly ;-)

Nice!

> 3/ when I try [as:choose-instance]$ LANG=en ./qpdfview
> --choose-instance I get "Using '--instance' is not allowed without
> using '--unique'."
>
> So, if --unique is a mandatory argument, maybe it can be added
> silently without raising an error?

I would rather keep it as it is to remind users of the background of
the "--instance" option, i.e. that it really is just a modifier of the
"--unique" mode.

> 4/ Can the name of the current choose-instance session be added
> somewhere? - in the bar? - in the title, with the current of the
> file? (something like [choose-instance] file name, for example
> [texdoc] pgfmanual (597/726) - qpdfview )

Will add that to the choose-instance branch in a minute or two...

> 5/ Manpage and --help inline command will need to be updated
> accordingly to add the --choose-instance option

Yes, I'll add placeholders there as I merge those branches into trunk
after releasing version 0.4.5. (Probably on Friday or something like
that...)

> 6/ chose-instance with one o or choose-instance with two o?

Checked again, and definitely "choose-instance" as in "to choose an
instance", i.e. the infinitive.

> 7/ most of the text in the print dialog box is not translated (i
> tried french, spanish and german) and there is no option on
> launchpad to add these translations

Yes, that is because these graphical elements are system-dependent and
provided by Qt. If you want to translate them, upstream Qt is the target.

> 8/ with standard docks (outline, properties, thumbnails) the float
> and the close icons are side by side. With the search bar these 2
> icons are separated. Why?

I don't think the search dock has a close icon. There is the cancel
search button (and menu entry), but that does much more than just
closing the dock. (Meaning the visibility of the search dock is
controlled by the current search state.)

> 9/ The search field is really large and can't be reduced when the
> bar is moved on the left or the right side. Is it a feature?

I am not sure what you mean exactly, but the size of the search dock
is usually bounded from below by the size of the two check boxes and
the three buttons, not by the size of the search field which has no
significant lower bound.

> In my time zone, it's time to sleep ;-)

Best regards, Adam.