Re: How to compile qpdfview on debian

Le Mon, 02 Sep 2013 21:55:19 +0200,
Adam Reichold <adamreichold@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi all,

> it seems that "-lcups" is missing from the linker command. I really
> don't know why, but one could compare this to the result of running
> "cups-config --libs" for more information.
>
> Another short-term solution for testing would be to build using "qmake
> CONFIG+=without_cups qpdfview.pro" to disable CUPS support.
>
> Best regards, Adam.
>
> P.S.: There is now also a branch "choose-instance" available for the
> instance name chooser. Thanks for testing...

1/ I was unable to compile obsolete-pixmaps but choose-instance do
compile smoothly!

2/ It seems to be working correctly ;-)

3/ when I try
[as:choose-instance]$ LANG=en ./qpdfview --choose-instance
I get
"Using '--instance' is not allowed without using '--unique'."

So, if --unique is a mandatory argument, maybe it can be added
silently without raising an error?

4/ Can the name of the current choose-instance session be added
somewhere?
- in the bar?
- in the title, with the current of the file? (something like
  [choose-instance] file name, for example
  [texdoc] pgfmanual (597/726) - qpdfview )

5/ Manpage and --help inline command will need to be updated
accordingly to add the --choose-instance option

6/ chose-instance with one o or choose-instance with two o?

7/ most of the text in the print dialog box is not translated (i tried
french, spanish and german) and there is no option on launchpad to add
these translations

8/ with standard docks (outline, properties, thumbnails) the float and
the close icons are side by side. With the search bar these 2 icons are
separated. Why?

9/ The search field is really large and can't be reduced when the bar is
moved on the left or the right side. Is it a feature?

In my time zone, it's time to sleep ;-)

--
Arnaud Schmittbuhl