Re: Improving annotations

Hi Adam,

I apologize for my late reply. University and job were very demanding the
last months.

So do you "approve" creating "bug requests" for the bellow-mentioned
proposals:

1. Make the annotations' text icon movable
2. An undo/redo function regarding annotations, triggered by Strg+Z and
Strg+Y respectively
3. Different highlighting colours

4:
I've noticed, that it's possible to add some notes to a highlighted area.
Isn't it redundant, since the text annotation function does exactly the
same? Maybe the problem with the ellipsoid boarders would go away, if
another highlighting method would be added? Additionally, the text within a
highlighted note isn't shown in Adobe Reader anyway.

As for 6 and 7:
Students and other knowledge workers would immensely benefit from this
feature, since it's not always easy to remember on which page an often
valuable thought was noted. The sidebar could show them at a glance,
completely, with a reference to the according page. There is no need to
reference to highlighted passages though.

9:
I can only speak for myself, but I'm using the highlight option far more
than the text annotation one. Therefore the text annotation feature slows
the highlighting process, because you have to select between these two,
when triggering the annotations function. So, imho, they should be
separated for usability and speed reasons.

Best regards!