Re: [Question #246570]: Cannot load plug-in for file type PS!

Mdavies5 confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks Adam,
No, I cannot load any PS file. I ran in a terminal and got:
Could not load plug-in in first attempt: ""
"The shared library was not found."
Could not load plug-in in second attempt: ""
"The shared library was not found."
This made me realise I might need an extra library.
I had installed from apt-get in order to get the latest version. Now I went to the Mint Software Manager and found that the PS plug-in was a separate install. All is now fixed.
As a matter of interest I downloaded some sample PS files. qpdfview could handle those with header PS_ADOBE and PS_ADOBE_3 but not those with PS_ADOBE-2; neither could Evince.
Thanks Again for prompt service, Michael

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.