Re: [Question #239147]: Feature request: Bring main window to front when opening new PDF

Adam Bull proposed the following answer:
To add to this, I've had the same problem running Elementary OS 0.2
(based on Ubuntu 12.04). I think it's an issue with how QT interacts
with certain window managers; a quick Google suggests other people have
had the same problem. Unfortunately, I couldn't fix it by adding any of
the suggested work-arounds to MainWindowAdaptor::raiseAndActivate().

The problem could probably be fixed by calling X11 directly -- xdotool
has no problem activating the qpdfview window -- but I don't know if
it's possible to fix it within QT.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.