Re: [Question #251738]: Windows Support?

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Razi,

Am 16.07.2014 20:37, schrieb S. Razi Alavizadeh:
> New question #251738 on qpdfview:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/qpdfview/+question/251738
>
> Dear dev team
> Thanks for your great job.
> Do you try to build qpdfview under Windows?

We did build and test on Windows internally quite some time ago (I think
using something like version 0.2.x.) but did never publish any binaries.
Basically everything works, but you have to disable several integration
points like Unix signals and CUPS printing. Especially the fallback
printing support will be rather slow and does not support any of the
layout options available in the print dialog.

However qpdfview is regularly built on OS/2 resp. eComStation whose API
is somewhat close to Win32. But I am not sure how useful this is on a
modern Windows machine...

> Is there a binary package avalable for Windows?

Since nobody is currently willing to maintain it, there are no Windows
binaries available. (There is a port of qpdfview for the Cygwin
emulation environment available at [1].)

> Is there anything special about building it on Windows

If you have managed to collect the necessary tool chain and
dependencies, there should be nothing special w.r.t. building itself
except for some compile-time options to disabled several libraries and
the necessity to adjust various variables and paths (usually by adding
directives to "qpdfview.pri"). In any case, we have not yet done any
specific platform integration on Windows like launcher or file associations.

If you give it try and encounter problems, feel free to share more
specific questions here as well. I can't promise anything since I don't
have access to a machine running Windows, but I'll try to help.

> Thanks,
> Razi

Best regards, Adam.

[1] http://sourceware.org/cygwinports/

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.