Re: [Question #251738]: Windows Support?

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Razi,

yes, comments on Launchpad are currently not editable. AFAIK nobody
currently mirrors qpdfview's code using Git repository but other than
mapping a few terms, basic usage of Git and Bazaar is quite similar.

Concerning the debug output [1], it looks like Qt's painting system
isn't properly initialized. It also looks suspiciously like bug #1345551
and hence might be an issue within qpdfview we don't understand yet and
it could also be responsible for the slow scrolling speed. I suppose you
use the prebuilt Qt SDK from the Qt project? Further information on
where the initialization of the QPainter fails would be very much
appreciated.

W.r.t. to the patch [3], the changes to "application.pro" should be
unnecessary since you can just set those variables (*_PLUGIN_NAME)
within "qpdfview.pri" overwriting the defaults. (Not sure why zlib is a
problem on Windows?) And does invocation of "system" make the build
fail? The actual code changes look like problems with an old compiler or
one not supporting the GNU extensions of ISO C++?

Best regards, Adam.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.