[Question #269313]: qpdfview closes upon laptop lid closure

New question #269313 on qpdfview:

When qpdfview is running and I close my laptop lid (set to suspend on lid closure), qpdfview closes and I have to double click the document to bring it back up.  It also loses my place in the document.  This does not happen if I use the suspend function from the main menu.  I am running xubuntu 14.04.  If I open a document with Document Viewer (Evince) it behaves correctly and does not drop out, when the lid is closed.  I don't know what could cause qpdfview to detect a different kind of suspend--whether it was caused by lid closure or by menu selection, but the behavior happens as described.  It is the only app that I have found that behaves this way.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.