Re: [Question #276010]: Can I open compressed files?

Brendan Perrine posted a new comment:
IF you are more comfortable with graphical tools I can in Lubuntu 15.10
open the archive in an archive manager and then right click open with
qpdfview. I think this has worked for a while if you open the .gz with
archive manager and then select a pdf viewer. I think this is more
something. Yeah compressing .pdf doesn't seem to save much disk space at
all. Honestly it is probably a better idea to extract them if say you
got them compressed. I think this might be more of somethinking that
ideally a desktop environmnet could do or that particular DE equivlenent
lxqt-config-file-associations to set once and rember always. The
compression on disk size savings for pdf files is actually much worse
than I thought even for pdfs that are mostly and I know plain text
compresses well.