[Question #678138]: Only advance one page in Two-Page-Mode

New question #678138 on qpdfview:

Hi,

currently, when in Two-Page-Mode, the Next-Page-Command will show the next two pages (i.e if you start seeing pages 1-2 side-by-side, after the Next-Page-Command you see pages 3-4).

However, I would like to only advance 1 page (i.e. see pages 2-3 from the example above).

I think there are no settings for this, so I already started digging through the source code. I managed to compile it myself, even making it fullscreen and hiding the menu bar on start (programmatically).

For my use case I guess I need to modify the TwoPagesLayout in documentlayout.cpp, more specifically the functions currentPage, previousPage, nextPage, leftIndex, RightIndex and possibly prepareLayout.

To my own dismay I could not understand these functions enough to make it work on my own (even though I am a software engineer...). I get that the TwoPagesLayout basically calculates based on even and odd pages. And if I understand the prepareLayout function correctly, it basically "just" places all pages in a big area, where only a bit of the area is visible at a time. So it should work if I just layout all pages "in one horizontal line" (basically what SinglePageLayout::prepareLayout does, just orthogonally), but I can not manage to make it work.

Some input on this will be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Tim

PS: On my use case: I am building a digital note stand for my piano, where I can flip the pages by using a pedal. It is especially useful to always have a preview of sorts when playing, that is why I would like to only advance one page at a time.