Re: [Question #683036]: Cannot print PDF with invalid signature

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Aziz,

let's is not exactly a bug, but rather a known limitation of qpdfview
not preprocessing PDF for printing at all, i.e. for printing qpdfview
basically acts like a frontend to the "lp" command. So to determine why
the processing fails, you could try to increase the log levels of CUPS
and just print via "lp" which should produce the same results. My best
guess is that something within cups-filters is unable to process the
file.

Long-term, I would qpdfview to strip decryption and signatures before
printing the PDF so that this becomes a non-issue, c.f. #1476693 but for
the now the upstream work to do the actual stripping is stalled on my
end.

Best regards,
Adam