[Question #707822]: Some suggestions to improve qpdfview :)

New question #707822 on qpdfview:

First of all, I feel the need to say thanks. Thank you! I switched to Linux some months ago and, although I'm quite happy with the change, there's been an issue that kept me uneasy about the switch: the pdf viewer. I'm a student and I need to work with a lot of PDFs, and there was no pdf viewer that could satisfy my needs when reading and writing academic papers. I found qpdfview and it's been definitely a game changer! qpdfview is the only pdf viewer in linux that gives the option to search in all opened tabs.

I would like to suggest some new functionalities that, from my perspective, could massively enhance qpdfview. I don't want to look capricious, as if I don't know how long it takes to implement a new feature. Anyways, here they are (there are ordered according to my subjective importance):

1. Another method to select and copy text. I know this has been already raised, but I'd like to show my support. The "frame" method is sometimes very useful, but in some cases is inconvenient as you need to select the whole paragraph. It's definitely an obstacle for a daily use. The frame does not let you select accurately, you can't do this: https://i.imgur.com/BXabOvY.png

2. Enhance Annotation Mode. Every time to want to highlight, you need to reproduce these steps: Click on the icon (or Ctrl+A) (1); Select (2); Click on Add highlight text. After highlighting, you automatically "exit" the Annotation Mode. If you need to highlight again, you've to repeat the steps. It becomes tedious when it's a long document that requires lots of highlighting. I suggest:
2.1. Separating "Add text" and "Add highlight text" features. So third step is removed.
2.2. Not exiting the  "Add highlight text"/"Add text" Modes until you want to exit (clicking on another option, e.g.), so if you need to highlight a lot of text, you don't have to "start" the Annotation mode every time.

3. Improve advanced  search dock:
2.1. More search options (something like this. https://i.imgur.com/4xQo14k.png). It would massively improve the Search dock.
3.2. Adding support for keyboard arrows in search dock to move to the next result.
3.3. Expand all result lists by default. When you search in multiple tabs, you've to manually expand the result lists. Only active tab result list is expanded by default. Generally, when you search in multiple tabs, you are interested in knowing the results of all of them. (This is what I mean: https://i.imgur.com/JfxVbNc.png. Only result list of active tab is expanded).

4. Add Annotation Panel, where you can see all your annotations in a list. Something similar to bookmark panel.

5. Allow dragging the Notes icon. I found this issue in another linux pdf viewers so maybe it's due to my ignorance. If I add Add text as a note, without highlighting text, a big yellow icon appears on screen. It has a fixed position and I can't drag it to the margins. It's quite inconvenient since you can't read what's behind the icon.

And an extra small suggestion: I tried qpdfview long time ago when I switched to Linux. However, I did not see the advanced search and the toolbar looked quite simple. Many months later, I found that qpdfview has these features by coincidence. Why not making Advanced search dock / Complete toolbar by default?

Again, I'd like to thank you. I hope these suggestions do not seem excessive, and hopefully it will be possible to implement them.