quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: Scope of upgrade command

I had the thought that maybe it would be best if we made our (the
Quickly project's) intentions and ownership more clear to users (and
thus to us :)).

For example, what if we had the following layout:
bin/project_name
python/...
python_quickly/...

And the only thing the user was expected to change was code in python/.
So we'd strip that down as much as possible.  All the helper code and
base classes move to python_quickly.  The bin script is also ours, for
wrapper code.

There would be well-defined entry points into the python module
(notably, for the main window).  But by keeping those to a minimum, we
could change our code easier.

So a quickly upgrade would just replace the code in bin and
python_quickly.  Tada!  The efficacy of this would depend on how well we
could segregate the two, but it seems worth investigating.

--
mterry