quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Opportunistic programming at Europython and extras

Hi guys,

few weeks ago I made a talk at Europython about opportunistic programming which include,
of course, Quickly. On the link (1) you will find slides and the handout.

I saved the feedback the audience provided, during my talk and after, maybe it could be
interesting for this list:

 - A guy asked if there's a guide or an article explaining how to "quicklify" an
existing python project. Sort of explanation like: "quickly run" takes binary from this
position, "quickly edit" open this files, "quickly package" needs these files, etc. etc.
 - Another guy asked if there's a suggested way to deal with dependencies with python
modules that are not packaged in Ubuntu, than just included in the application.
 - The last question was if the files generated in the debian directory could be
modified (I showed a simple change in the changelog as example)
and if they can be used as base for a more complex package (IE: adding dependencies to
packages, dividing in more packages, etc).

During the week I attended to many talks about Python and QT because I'm interested in
QtQuick and I heard about pyside assistant, that is a command line tools for automatic
packaging that remember me how Quickly works (2).

Last thing, not related to Europython, I've some action items in the blueprint from UDS-
O, and I will start to work on it before the end of the month and I should complete it
before the Oneiric Beta1. If there's some deadlines, priorities or so please just let me
know.

(1) http://goo.gl/aPmMQ
(2) http://wiki.meego.com/Python/pyside-assistant

Ciao!