quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: UDS Session

Hi all
 I think the integration/dependency between quickly and gedit is too
strong, so much so that these quickly enhancements are in fact an
attempt to turn gedit into an IDE.
Allow gedit to accept on-the-fly plugins: TODO
Create a code navigation menu plugin for Gedit: TODO

Strong links between quickly and gedit show up in quicklyutils
<quote>
# Run the editor with a new tmpdir.  This is because gedit uses tmpdir
</quote>
In spite of the apparent environment choice QUICKLY_EDITOR, EDITOR,
SELECTED_EDITOR quickly actually only works correctly with gedit and
command line editors like nano. I use geany but it isn't a good fit
for quickly.