quickly-talk team mailing list archive

I won't be able to contribute to Quickly Widgets for quite some time.

Hello.

I have some bad news. Something has come up that must take priority, and I won't be able to contribute to Quickly Widgets anytime soon. Furthermore, I had to revert quite a bit of work I'd done in porting the widgets to GTK3. The solutions were quite simply wrong. That was a big setback, because I had hoped to finish porting it and that I would have been finished by now. Now, that won't happen, so I hope someone else can pick up the ball. I'm really sorry about that.

I have done something useful, though. The grids are working, except that they can't be reordered. This is an issue with GTK+ and PyGObject. It shouldn't be too much work to fix it in DictionaryGrid, but I think the proper thing to do is to add an override in gi.overrides.gtk.ListStore and -- most likely -- TreeStore. My understanding is that the code should be mostly identical, but that would fix this issue for all Python GTK3 apps and not only for the DictionaryGrid and descendants.

I've also cleaned up the indentation mess in quidgets and done some other minor stuff, like making sure all the boxes use all required parameters, and stuff like that.

My branch is available at lp:~joerlend.schinstad/+junk/quickly-widgets-gtk3.

Again, I'm sorry about this, but it can't be helped.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad

Follow ups