quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Introduction and a question about quickly workflow

Good Alaskan Evening,

Hello everyone, as some of you are probably aware I've gotten quickly
12.05 up and running on a Fedora 16 system, up to the point where I
can use
quickly create/edit  using the ubuntu application template.  Just a
small patch needed to correctly handle glade 3.10's environment
variable syntax (which was changed post 3.10) for the quickly edit
function.

Anyways my long term goal is to make a functional alternative template
for Fedora so apps developed with quickly can package/publish/submit
against a Fedora target, without disrupting the ability to
package/publish/submit Ubuntu. And then from there an ebuild template
perhaps.

David Planella, has graciously taken a couple of small patches which
make it possible for me to get qreator working on Fedora as well. I'll
be using qreator as an intial test application which uses quickly in
its development to prototype a fedora quickly template.

Which brings me to my first real question about quickly itself.   I'd
like to understand a quickly workflow aimed at team development of an
ubuntu-application templated app. From the infromation in quickly
--help  I expected to find a quickly push command in the ubuntu
application template. However there does not seem to be implemented.
I was naively expecting to be able to use a workflow like the
following inside quickly to create a qreator patch into a branch on
launchpad and then make David aware of a merge request for him to
review.

quickly pull to update my local files with the latest mainline branch
quickly edit : this works just fine.
quickly push to commit my changes into a personal branch
quickly merge-request to send a notice of a merge request through lp
for David to review.

rinse-repeat for small patches.

As I said its a naive expectation. If there is a working team
workflow..or even a design spec for a team workflow for quickly which
abstracts the bzr/lp interactions inherent in the patch push and merge
review in the launchpad based development best practices, I'd love to
be pointed to it.    In the meantime I just emailed David a couple of
patches. But I'd like to see if I can do this sort of thing in quickly
itself as part of the ubuntu-application template's commands.

-jef

Follow ups