Discoverability
quickly create [tab][tab] for template names
and
quickly --version for template paths

I know we want to support opportunistic programmer but if they don't
understand dot files perhaps quickly is too advanced for them anyway ?

I agree hooks inside the project folder is better.

  Another consideration as part of the conquer the world project (bug
#1 ?) would be quickly being used in school setting, e.g. programming
101. Separate temp folders per student would be essential.

Imagine several students on terminals in a multi-user environment.
Currently tests run in /tmp/ better would be ~/.cache/quickly/ so they
cannot overwrite each other. Also true for a quickly team member who
logs in as mere_mortal, who may trip up over old temp files with
team_member's permission.