quickly-talk team mailing list archive

qtquick template and quickly license (Was: Please update me!)

Angelo Compagnucci wrote:
> I really want to contribute more to my Qt templates, I think now with Digia
> many changes will happen to benefit pyside and qt quick!

I've been playing with the qtquick template, and it seems pretty cool :-)

One thing: "quickly license" doesn't work. I think this is because it tries to edit the .ui files, and those .ui files don't contain the stuff it's expecting; I do not know whether this is because the ubuntu-application template (which is where the quickly license command lives) expects those files to be Glade files and they aren't, or whether the .ui files for the qtquick template should contain stuff about author and do not. So, there's a bug somewhere, and it's problematic: the quickly upgrade process runs quickly license, so one can't upgrade:

Note: This is the first time you have run Quickly since it has been updated.
Quickly will now upgrade its files (bin/*, u1notes_lib/*, and setup.py).
But first it will save your project.  View Quickly's changes by running:
bzr diff
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/quickly/templates/ubuntu-application/upgrade.py", line 226, in <module>
    license.licensing()
File "/usr/share/quickly/templates/ubuntu-application/license.py", line 266, in licensing
    {'translatable': 'yes'})
File "/usr/share/quickly/templates/ubuntu-application/internal/quicklyutils.py", line 166, in change_xml_elem
    xml_tree.find(parent_node).insert(0, new_node)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'insert'
ERROR: upgrade command failed
Aborting

Obviously something somewhere needs fixing: what I'm not sure about, though, is how I can work around this problem or monkeypatch it so that I can get stuff done. Help?

sil

Follow ups