randgen team mailing list archive

Re: [Branch ~randgen/randgen/rqg2] 4 revisions removed

Den 21/05/10 12:37, skrev Philip Stoev:
> I just got this email, and I do not know how to interpret it.
>
> I pushed some stuff, but the branches had diverged so I did a merge,
> committed the merge and pushed it, as I usually do.
>
> I do not think anything was lost in the process, but what is this
> message supposed to mean?

I've seen it once, couldn't figure it out either. Another thing, when you want
to push and the branches have diverged, I think that instead of

bzr commit
bzr push --- fail, branches have diverged
bzr merge
--- possible manual fixes due to conflicts
bzr commit
bzr push

one should do a "rebase". There exists a plugin for this, but it's easily done
manually:

bzr commit
bzr push -- fail, branches have diverged
bzr uncommit
bzr pull
--- possible manual fixes due to conflicts
bzr commit
bzr push

This will give a much cleaner tree.

--
Bernt Marius Johnsen, Staff Engineer
Database Group, Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway