rapid-users team mailing list archive

PTP cameras

Thanks for rapid-photo-downloader , it looks like it'll be really
handy. I'm going to be using it with Bibble 5 I expect.

How are the plans for supporting PTP cameras?

Maybe it works somehow for people already? Not for me - it looks as if
the code is expecting the files to be actually mounted into the
filesystem.

My PTP camera doesn't get mounted into the filesystem (maybe I'm not
running some daemon that others are?) - but GVFS can access it:

 $ gvfs-mount "gphoto2://[usb:005,033]/"
 $ gvfs-ls "gphoto2://[usb:005,033]/"
 DCIM

I had to get that USB address from gphoto2:

 $ gphoto2 --auto-detect
 Model                          Port
 Nikon DSC D90 (PTP mode)       usb:
 Nikon DSC D90 (PTP mode)       usb:005,033

I think we could access the files via GIO from Python, without having
to actually mount into the regular filesystem?

(I've used f-spot for importing the photos previously, over PTP.)

 Nick

Follow ups