rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: PTP cameras

HI Nick,

I do hope you find the program useful. I also use Bibble 5.

The plans for supporting PTP cameras depends completely on the work of
others, in the sense that the program makes use of other people's libraries.
Recent versions of Gnome include GIO, which is a work in progress. Some
cameras are supported much better than others. Hopefully support will
improve over time. Meanwhile, you may like to consider purchasing an
inexpensive card reader. In addition to downloads working reliably, you will
very likely find that download speeds will increase significantly,
especially if your memory cards are of reasonable speed.

There are no reliable python bindings for gphoto2.

Damon

http://www.damonlynch.net