rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: Short camera model

Wesley Harp wrote:
Is this supposed to be read from the files, or is this user defined? On the files I'm working with, that ends up being the same as the regular camera name. Another program I have used (http://www.exiflow.org/wiki/Main_Page) requires you to create a config file for each camera you're downloading from and you set several variables such as this in those files.

I assume you have read the documentation, in particular http://damonlynch.net/rapid/documentation/#renamemetadata

This may also interest you, taken from comments in the code:

The short format is determined by the first occurrence of a digit in the camera model, including all alphaNumeric characters before and after
       that digit up till a non-alphanumeric character.
Canon "Mark" designations are shortened prior to conversion. Examples:
       Canon EOS 300D DIGITAL -> 300D
       Canon EOS 5D -> 5D
       Canon EOS 5D Mark II -> 5DMkII
       NIKON D2X -> D2X
       NIKON D70 -> D70
       X100,D540Z,C310Z -> X100
More generally, the program does not use configuration files. The goal is to configure it only through the use of its user interface. Custom remapping is a fine idea, and you are welcome to submit code. Writing this code takes some time. For me it is a "nice" but not high priority feature, especially compared to some others.

Damon

--

http://www.damonlynch.net